Recommended Computer Specifications
To ensure the best experience possible, please make sure your computer meets or exceeds these system specifications. If you have questions regarding your computer, feel free to call Support at (800) 860-3241
Windows System Specifications
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Intel Core i3/i5/i7
- 4GB RAM
- Intel series 3000 integrated graphics or better with DirectX 9.0c or newer
Mac System Specifications
- OS X Mavericks 10.9
- OS X Yosemite 10.10
- OS X El Capitan10.11
- Intel Core i3/i5/i7
- 4GB RAM
- Intel or AMD graphics
General System Specifications
- 1024x768 or higher resolution display
Internet Connection, Web Browser, and Network
- Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, & Internet Explorer. Click here for a chart breakdown.
- A minimum broadband cable internet connection of 3mbps is required. A 5mbps connection is recommended for quicker load times.
- The DCE performs best when directly connected to the internet. Due to the number of variables introduced when connecting to the DCE using VPN (Virtual Private Network) internet connections, users may experience extended assignment load times. If you must connect to a VPN to access your universities’ digital resources, please contact Learner Support for more information and additional setup instructions.
64-bit Operating System
- Because of the way 32-bit operating systems handle memory, you will not be able to load assignments on them properly. You will need a computer running a 64-bit version of Windows or Mac OS in order to run your assignments.
Unity Web Player
- Certain courses use the Unity Web Player, which is a free Web application that you must install in order to use the Shadow Health™ Digital Clinical Experience™. Upon entering an assignment for the first time, your browser will prompt you to download the Unity Web Player installation file. Once the file has downloaded, double-click on it to launch the installation process. Click here for an article that explains how to install Unity on a Mac and click here for an article that explains how to install Unity on Windows
- Shadow Health’s Digital Clinical Experiences require the use of a computer monitor, keyboard, and mouse or touchpad. It is our goal to support alternative input modalities to improve accessibility for all users. However, if you are currently unable to use the DCE due to a visual or motor impairment, please contact the Shadow Health Learner Support team.
- Tina Jones™ presents auditory and visual information representative of a human patient. To address auditory accessibility, when Tina Jones speaks, her speech is presented as both audio and text displayed at the bottom of the screen, except in instances where the textual representation would distinguish physical findings (e.g. textual descriptions of breathing sounds). If you require a transcription of these instances due to an auditory impairment, please contact the Shadow Health Learner Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The normal and abnormal sounds within the concept labs are medically accurate, and are produced at a frequency lower than what most laptop speakers are capable of delivering. To hear these sounds, we strongly recommend that you use a pair of external speakers or headphones to hear the bass frequencies.
- The use of virtualization technologies (i.e. VMware, Bootcamp, Parallels) is currently unsupported when using the Digital Clinical Experience.