Recommended Computer Specifications
To ensure the best experience possible, please make sure your computer meets or exceeds these system specifications.
Windows System Specifications
- Windows Vista SP2
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Intel Core i3/i5/i7
- 4GB RAM
- Intel series 3000 integrated graphics or better with DirectX 9.0c or newer
Macintosh System Specifications
- OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
- OS X Mavericks 10.9
- OS X Yosemite 10.10
- Intel Core i3/i5/i7
- 4GB RAM
- Intel series 2000 integrated graphics or better with DirectX 9.0c or newer
General System Specifications
- 1024x768 or higher resolution display
Internet Connection, Web Browser, and Network
- Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer
- A minimum broadband cable internet connection of 3Mbps is required. A 5Mbps connection is recommended for quicker load times.
- The DCE performs best when directly connected to the internet. Due to the number of variables introduced when connecting to the DCE using VPN (Virtual Private Network) internet connections, users may experience extended module load times. If you must connect to a VPN to access your universities’ digital resources, please contact Learner Support for more information and additional setup instructions.
Unity 3D Web Player
- The Unity Web Player is a free Web application that you must install in order to use the Shadow Health™ Digital Clinical Experience™. Upon entering a module for the first time, your browser will prompt you to download the Unity Web Player installation file. Once the file has downloaded, double-click on it to launch the installation process. If the installation is not successful, you may also download the Unity Web Player directly from the Unity website: http://unity3d.com/webplayer.
- Shadow Health’s Digital Clinical Experiences require the use of a computer monitor, keyboard, and mouse or touchpad. It is our goal to support alternative input modalities to improve accessibility for all users. However, if you are currently unable to use the DCE due to a visual or motor impairment, please contact the Shadow Health Learner Support team.
- Tina Jones™ presents auditory and visual information representative of a human patient. To address auditory accessibility, when Tina Jones speaks, her speech is presented as both audio and text displayed at the bottom of the screen, except in instances where the textual representation would distinguish physical findings (e.g. textual descriptions of breathing sounds). If you require a transcription of these instances due to an auditory impairment, please contact the Shadow Health Learner Support team at Support@ShadowHealth.com.
- The normal and abnormal sounds within the concept labs are medically accurate, and are produced at a frequency lower than what most laptop speakers are capable of delivering. To hear these sounds, we strongly recommend that you use a pair of external speakers or headphones to hear the bass frequencies.
- The use of virtualization technologies (i.e. VMware, Bootcamp, Parallels) is currently unsupported when using the Digital Clinical Experience.