Minimum Computer Specifications
To ensure the best experience possible, please make sure your computer meets or exceeds these system specifications. If you have questions regarding your computer, feel free to call Support at (800) 860-3241
Windows System Specifications
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- 2nd Gen Intel Core i3/i5/i7 and newer or AMD equivalent
- 4GB RAM
- Intel series 3000 integrated graphics or better with DirectX 9.0 or newer
Mac System Specifications
- OS X Yosemite 10.10
- OS X El Capitan 10.11
- macOS Sierra 10.12
- 2nd Gen Intel Core i3/i5/i7 and newer
- 4GB RAM
- Intel or AMD graphics
General System Specifications
- 1024x768 or higher resolution display
Internet Connection, Web Browser, and Network
- Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge. Click here for a chart breakdown.
- A minimum high speed cable internet connection of 3mbps is required. A 5mbps connection is recommended for quicker load times.
- The DCE performs best when directly connected to the internet. Due to the number of variables introduced when connecting to the DCE using VPN (Virtual Private Network) internet connections, users may experience extended assignment load times.
Required for Speech to Text
- Google Chrome
- Microphone (most laptops and all Apple computers have a built in microphone)
- A course that has the Speech to Text feature enabled. (Pharmacology courses currently do not support Speech to Text)
- Shadow Health’s Digital Clinical Experiences require the use of a computer monitor, keyboard, and mouse or touchpad. It is our goal to support alternative input modalities to improve accessibility for all users. However, if you are currently unable to use the DCE due to a visual or motor impairment, please contact the Shadow Health Learner Support team.
- Tina Jones™ presents auditory and visual information representative of a human patient. To address auditory accessibility, when Tina Jones speaks, her speech is presented as both audio and text displayed at the bottom of the screen, except in instances where the textual representation would distinguish physical findings (e.g. textual descriptions of breathing sounds). If you require a transcription of these instances due to an auditory impairment, please contact the Shadow Health Learner Support team at email@example.com.
- The normal and abnormal sounds within the concept labs are medically accurate, and are produced at a frequency lower than what most laptop speakers are capable of delivering. To hear these sounds, we strongly recommend that you use a pair of external speakers or headphones to hear the bass frequencies.
- The use of virtualization technologies (i.e. VMware, Bootcamp, Parallels) is currently not supported when using the Digital Clinical Experience.